Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mail Snail - updated!

He was a snail, on a mission!

:) Well, he still is. Hey everyone! A year ago almost I released my Mail Snail mailbox and today I am happy to report that this product has been updated to version 1.10. You can now have your friends pick up your mail for you, if you so wish. A customer requested this feature, which I'm very grateful for.

A few days ago I sent out updated boxes to everyone who has previously purchased a Mail Snail. If your box got lost in offline IMs however, or you accidentally declined it, you can always contact me to receive your free update. There's no need to include your transaction history for this, as I have organized records of all my sales. Just mention your name and the color of your Mail Snail and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

So what is the Mail Snail exactly? There were no changes to the mailbox prims, but let me repost the product poster for those who never saw the original release.


All the different colors: purple, pink, red, dark blue, light blue and green. (I'm using the shells as color indicators.) People's favorite seems to be pink, which is my favorite as well.


How does the Mail Snail work? Mail Snail is a fully functional mailbox. People can drop their notecards onto your Mail Snail, after which they'll see a letter fall in the mailbag and a line in chat indicating their message has been sent. (The note hanging from the mailbag tells people how to use the mailbox. If they click on the mailbox, they'll also see a more detailed explanation in chat.) When notes have been sent, you will be notified through email and/or IM. You can then retrieve the messages from the mailbox by left clicking and choosing "fetch messages" from the blue popup menu. The notes will be transferred to your inventory in a dated folder. As of version 1.10 you can also let friends pick up your mail for you by adding their name to the configuration notecard.

There are 5 possible textures for the explanatory note on the mailbag, accessed through the blue popup menu. The lines Mail Snail pastes in chat are customizable. You can also choose whether or not to display floating text over the mailbox, indicating the number of messages received.

As you can tell, there are a lot of settings you can customize to suit your personal needs. Instructions are quite tedious to read in-world, so after the update I figured I should make some pdf manuals. I'm hoping these will make reading easier. You can download them through my Mail Snail listings on the SL Marketplace, which I will link at the end of this post. (Click "Download instructions" at the bottom of the listing's page. You don't need to have bought the Mail Snail or even be logged in to do this.)


:) That's all. Mail Snail will be a little more expensive from now on, going from L$300 to L$350. The fatpack is L$1050. However, as stated previously, people who already own the product can receive their update for free. Any future updates will be free as well, and this is true for all my products.


Mail Snail on the SL Marketplace: dark blue | green | light blue | pink | purple | red | fatpack

No comments: