Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Lollistalk

All your candy cravings satisfied by one marvelous, colorful, sugary plant!

:) Hello everyone. Today is my last Themeory release before the event goes on a one month hiatus. My new theme was food and I came up with this idea of making a wild, beanstalk-like plant that grows lollipops. The resulting product can serve as an accessory as well as funky home decor.

Sales poster!


Shot of the plant by itself. As you can tell from the difference between this pic and the sales poster, the product box comes with a separate lollipop that attaches to your hand. I thought that was a nice extra touch :)


Close-up of the upper part of the plant. I drew a lot of inspiration from depictions of the fairy tale Jack and the Beanstalk while creating this product. When I first considered doing a lollipop plant, that story immediately came to mind. The giant beanstalk in it is extremely wild, magical and whimsical. I figured that kind of look would fit a candy plant perfectly. If I'd had more time I might have added some more twigs here and there, but I do like the overall result.


Bottom part. There's two kinds of lollipops in this plant, all bright and colorful. Originally I was going to make the main stalk a more realistic green, with the lollies providing the color accents. It didn't seem to work though. Now that the stalk is pink it looks more believable that this plant would actually grow the candy. (Over-thinking it maybe, but I do feel it works better this way.)


That's all =^.^=

You can pick up The Lollistalk for L$75 at my outlet store in the Meow sim. After this weekend it will go back into inventory, to be reworked for a re-release at full price.


P.S.: As always, you can add your own pics of this plant to the store Flickr pool.

No comments: